It’s all Bush’s Rahm Emanuel’s fault! Democrats, angry about the collapse of health care reform, are breaking from their usual mantra of blaming everything on George Bush, and are turning their attention to Obama’s Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel. Instead of correctly realizing that the American people do not want more government involvement in their health care, Democrats are looking for another scapegoat to put the blame on. According to The Hill,
The emerging consensus among critics in both chambers is that Emanuel’s lack of Senate experience slowed President Barack Obama’s top domestic priority.
The share of the blame comes as cracks are beginning to show in Emanuel’s once-impregnable political armor
Why do liberals always need someone to blame? Why can’t they take responsibility for their actions and admit that the American people are rejecting a socialist/progressive agenda? I’m no fan of Emanuel, but to put the blame on him for the health care debacle is wrong. According to the same article from The Hill,
One senior Democratic senator said Emanuel was initially reluctant to push healthcare reform so early in Obama’s first term, counseling instead for the president to focus on jobs and the economy
But the president decided healthcare had to pass when he had a strong political mandate and the party controlled large majorities in both chambers.
Obama was convinced overhauling the nation’s healthcare system would boost the struggling economy by curbing costs and reducing the long-term federal deficit, say Democratic sources.
It seems to me that Emanuel had it right. The American people were more worried about the economy and jobs than they were about health care costs and Emanuel realized this. Had Obama and the Democrats listened to him, they would probably be much better off politically. However, they made the choice to push for health care reform, and Rahm Emanuel had to do his job and support the President’s position. Now, instead of realizing that Emanuel was right and that Congress and Obama should have focused on the economy, Democrats are using him as a scapegoat.
Why is it so hard for Democrats to realize this is a center-right country and the majority of the American people do not approve of ObamaKare? Are they so caught up in their own hype that they need someone to blame for all of their failures? Whose fault will it be when voters reject the Democrat party in the 2010 elections?
Get Forgotten Liberty by Email
- Female High School Student Forced to Change “Violent” NRA T-Shirt
- MSNBC Anchor Attempts to Sign up for Obamacare, Hilarity Ensues
- Father Writes Apology Letter to Down Syndrome Daughter Admitting He Originally Wanted an Abortion
- Terry McAuliffe to Push for New Gun Control Laws if Elected.
- Another Shining Example of Liberal Tolerance and Civility
- Monica Campbell on Mark Wahlberg Donates his Time to the Wounded Warrior Project
- 1001 Reasons Not To Vote For Obama | A Lot Of Coffee and Sleepless Nights on President Obama Insults Supreme Court, Alito Plays the Part of Joe Wilson
- 1,001 Reasons to Vote Against Barack Obama « Bobusnr on President Obama Insults Supreme Court, Alito Plays the Part of Joe Wilson
- Sunday Linkage: Facebook Friend Pics Edition Number 39 - Conservative Hideout 2.0 on Romney’s Pension vs. Obama’s Pension
- 1001 Reasons Not To Vote For Obama | Letting Freedom Ring on President Obama Insults Supreme Court, Alito Plays the Part of Joe Wilson