Representative Louise Slaughter (D-NY) is the House rules chairwoman. She, along with the Democratic leadership, has designed a rule regarding the health care bill that trashes the Constitution and openly shows the Fascist tendencies of the Democrat party. This rule, called the Slaughter Solution (after her name, not because it slaughters the Constitution) will consider the Senate health care bill to have passed the House if a correction to the bill is passed. For example, the house can vote on a separate bill that removes the “Cornhusker Kickback” from the Senate bill and by doing so, the entire Senate bill will be considered to have passed. Sound very democratic doesn’t it? Vote on a portion of the bill and by default, you passed the entire bill.
This will allow the Democrats to pass health care by only requiring lawmakers to vote on correcting a portion of the bill that everyone is already in favor of correcting. Then, Democratic members of the house can tell their constituents that they didn’t vote for the health care bill, but only voted to remove the abortion funding or the Cornhusker Kickback. This may help Democrats look better in their campaign commercials, but it is a direct violation of the supreme law of the land.
This scheme to pass a bill without voting on it violates article 1 section 7 of the United States Constitution, which states that before any bill can become law, it must be passed by both houses of Congress with a Yea or Nay vote. If the Democrats go through with this rule change, it will be a bold faced attack on our Constitution and system of government. In effect, the role of Congress and our history of representative government will be done away with because a vote will no longer be required to pass a bill.
Mark Levin, who happens to be one of my favorite talk radio hosts, has called for the expulsion of Representative Slaughter for her complete disregard for the Constitution that she took an oath to uphold (watch his video below). I have to agree with him, she needs to be severely reprimanded or forced to resign. Both parties have ignored the Constitution on many occasions, but this strikes at the very core of our system of government. Passing a law without having the representatives of the people voting for it is tyranny.
Welcome to the United Fascist States of America. I guess this is what President Obama meant when he said he was going to fundamentally change America.
Mark Levin on the “Slaughter Solution” and Rep. Louise Slaughter.
Get Forgotten Liberty by Email
- Female High School Student Forced to Change “Violent” NRA T-Shirt
- MSNBC Anchor Attempts to Sign up for Obamacare, Hilarity Ensues
- Father Writes Apology Letter to Down Syndrome Daughter Admitting He Originally Wanted an Abortion
- Terry McAuliffe to Push for New Gun Control Laws if Elected.
- Another Shining Example of Liberal Tolerance and Civility
- Monica Campbell on Mark Wahlberg Donates his Time to the Wounded Warrior Project
- 1001 Reasons Not To Vote For Obama | A Lot Of Coffee and Sleepless Nights on President Obama Insults Supreme Court, Alito Plays the Part of Joe Wilson
- 1,001 Reasons to Vote Against Barack Obama « Bobusnr on President Obama Insults Supreme Court, Alito Plays the Part of Joe Wilson
- Sunday Linkage: Facebook Friend Pics Edition Number 39 - Conservative Hideout 2.0 on Romney’s Pension vs. Obama’s Pension
- 1001 Reasons Not To Vote For Obama | Letting Freedom Ring on President Obama Insults Supreme Court, Alito Plays the Part of Joe Wilson