American Conservative Values has a post about Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) introducing legislation that would put an end to the automatic pay raises for members of Congress. This is a great way for Congress to show us that they heard the message sent on November 2nd, 2010 and it should have been done years ago. I started researching the legislation a little more and discovered that Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) has also introduced a similar bill to end automatic congressional pay raises.
Isn’t this the same Sen. McCaskill who voted for the budget busting ObamaCare bill and the Stimulus bill? Sen. McCaskill has not had any qualms about spending trillions of dollars we don’t have in the past, so why now does she want to start saving money now? Ending automatic pay raises is definitely symbolic but won’t really do anything to help with our astronomical budget deficit. She’s had numerous opportunities in the past few years to vote against reckless spending when it really mattered… but she hasn’t. Why does she want to start looking like a fiscal conservative now? Could it have anything to do with the fact that she is up for reelection in 2012? I hope the voters in Missouri aren’t fulled by this gimmick by Sen. McCaskill to look like a conservative.
Get Forgotten Liberty by Email
- 1001 Reasons Not To Vote For Obama | A Lot Of Coffee and Sleepless Nights on President Obama Insults Supreme Court, Alito Plays the Part of Joe Wilson
- Chauffagiste 94 on Is Global Warming A Hoax?
- 1,001 Reasons to Vote Against Barack Obama « Bobusnr on President Obama Insults Supreme Court, Alito Plays the Part of Joe Wilson
- Sunday Linkage: Facebook Friend Pics Edition Number 39 - Conservative Hideout 2.0 on Romney’s Pension vs. Obama’s Pension
- 1001 Reasons Not To Vote For Obama | Letting Freedom Ring on President Obama Insults Supreme Court, Alito Plays the Part of Joe Wilson